DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Planning of terrrain next to ours

Posted by KvV - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by GreenLeaf-314739 - 6 years ago

It kinda comes down to "you are to blame", islanders and/or foreigners wanting the sun, etc. etc,,,,

With the situation here involving "low cost" housing and the money involved for the communities from the state to provide for this, you are only risking higher charges for your insurance policy and maybe actually cancellation of your policy if you use your insurance to fight this.

They will obey the law in the construction, ie. no building within 5m of the property line (don't quote me on this but normally that is the law).

Sad but true, I know people who have bought the land next to there house so this situation has not happened and left it as green space.

Good luck and I would let my hedges grow to max. allowed 2,5m or plant them now...

Sorry no image available
Posted by KvV - 6 years ago

We know pretty much how many lots there will be and that for sure there will be Construction. What I would like to know is how this "enquete public" is functioning and how I best go about putting my protest in if I see that someone is planning to put a villa on my doorstep. I will ask the Mairie about this too - but - I'm a foreigner and not from the village and you know how it can be in small villages. Woudl there fore like to hear from someone with a bit of experience in this who is not from here, not related to the owner of the land etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 6 years ago

check on your household insurance, you may have a cover for assistance juridique where you can get free legal advice

Sorry no image available
Posted by ESS-209984 - 6 years ago

It is worth talking to the local planning department at the Mairie. They should be able to tell you what the rules are regarding construction on this land, and give you an indication of whether a building permit has been applied for.