DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Property deeds - 10 week wait in Antibes?

Posted by Toasty-184393 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 21 to 23)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Toasty-184393 - 16 years ago

I am finalising the contract next week, and the deeds won't come through for another 10 weeks after that!   Not that I desperately need them, I just like my bits of paper, that's all.   I suppose I'd better get used to waiting for things to happen as and when.   I had my first full french-style tantrum with the agents today, which I feel is a sign that I am making progress. 

Cheers!

Toasty

Sorry no image available
Posted by lespalmiers - 16 years ago

Plus the 35 hour week and Rtt and - oh well, the weather is nice outside isnt it, shrug of the shoulders etc etc etc . All the beutiful things we come to expect and love about life and administration in France . . . . . . .

Regards, Les

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 16 years ago

This is about the normal time that a property transaction takes place anyway ( average two and a half months while the Notaire does his research) from the putting down a deposit with the Estate Agent to taking possession - it all depends how straightforward the transaction is !

Its the first I've heard that strikes are responsible , but I suppose its possible in certain administrative offices in the Region.

stgeorge