DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Property leasing

Posted by mimi060 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

I hadn't heard of this arrangement in France.

Renting is very common and rental arrangements are long term, and I thought that normally if a family really likes a house - well they just stay put! Why would they go to the trouble and expense of buying it, when they already live there... ? 

As Fashion1 says, I've never seen much cross-over between property that's to rent and property that's for sale. If you want to sell a house, taking a tenant would seriously scupper your chances of selling to anyone else because once you've signed the 3 year lease, there is no point keeping the house on the market because you can't evict them to sell. And for landlords who make a business of renting property, they want to keep their portfolio stable, they don't want to be selling and buying all the time because the buying process is so very costly.

But maybe 'tis different on the Riviera.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

have not seen many 'rent to own' schemes here, if it even exists. Alot of times, homeowners ned the whole amount because of falling currencies(islanders), job lost, job transfered or they just want to leave the area and purchase somewhere else, and with the banks not lending, etc, etc

good luck.