DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Recommedation for bank?

Posted by kopicki - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sevendaver-252003 - 4 years ago

Barclays Frejus, Anna Crepin mgr.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ibseur - 4 years ago

The Post has its own bank and it is open mornings, afternoons and evevenings, as well as Sathurday mornings.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LeighA - 4 years ago

I can easily reccomend BPCA as well.  Stefane, an English speaker at the international branch at 1 Rivoli (attached to the Negresco Hotel) is very helpful and knowledgable.

Sorry no image available
Posted by vaazee - 4 years ago

I bank with Banque Populaire Cote d'Azur at the local branch in Antibes. They have two English speaking advisors there and I can't recommend their customer service highly enough. I was in there for 2 hours the other day and they helped me with renters insurance, car insurance, personal banking, business banking, and anything else I needed help with. If you PM me and I'll send you the contact of the person I speak with.

I don't know their rates and how they compare, hence can't say anything about how competitive they are.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ibseur - 4 years ago

The Post has its own bank. That is the best and it is open 6 days a week.

Sorry no image available
Posted by madjen - 4 years ago

BPCA on Victor Hugo ask for Delphine - a good banker

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crossfamily-289915 - 4 years ago

Yes I agree with the above banks in France seem so far behind, not sure why really. We are also with HSBC and find them good too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ESS-209984 - 4 years ago

Banks in France don't have the same idea of customer service as those in the UK, so you need to learn to work with them and train them a little!

There is really no such thing as 'free banking' in France, and you will quite possibly find that most banks charge pretty much the same.

We are with HSBC in their Nice branch, and find them generally very helpful.   Why don't you try contacting them for some more information, or have a look at their website.