DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Requirements for Carte de Sejour Visa... help!!

Posted by melmiles-322942 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lots-322716 - 5 years ago

200 euros for a year's premium???

Most people pay around 600 a year just for top up.

To get his carte vitale your husband either needs to present an S1 from the UK, be working in a salaried position, self employed or prove a 'droit de séjour' to get one, ie sufficient income to sustain himself and family members in order not to be a burden on the state.

The bottom line is you have to get full health cover. You and your husband need this anyway in case anything happens and you require medical treatment.

It is a legal requirement for residents in France.

Sorry no image available
Posted by melmiles-322942 - 5 years ago

little viking: Do you happen to remember the insurance provider he used? Thanks!

Sorry no image available
Posted by little viking - 5 years ago

when my husband did it, he had to buy a year of insurance (we paid around 200 €)
he is australian married to an eu citizen

Sorry no image available
Posted by melmiles-322942 - 5 years ago

thanks eurokine, that's good to know. He doesn't have a carte vitale yet, but I think the process of him obtaining one could take longer than the time I have left on my tourist visa! We will keep that in mind though for the future.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

if your eu partner has a carte vitale you should be added to their rights being an "ayant droit" and thus be covered for health insurance
If (s)he doesnt have a carte vitale you should look into what they need to do to have one & then get declared on it.