Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Retired financial advisor? Accountant? taxman?

Posted by Junegolfe - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garonne - 5 years ago

If you are on a low income you can apply for legal aid and see an avocat(e).  However, real estate other than your main residence is taken into account when they calculate if you elegible or not.

With all due respect only financial advisors, accountants and tax officials who have worked within and know inside out the French systems will be able to help you.  French property law and tax is complicated enough for the French experts!

If you choose carefully your expert, it may well be 160 euros well spent in the long run.