Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Selling Products in the Var/PACA region

Posted by Beachchair23 - Created: 7 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Beachchair23 - 7 years ago

Hi everybody, thanks all for your input !!! kind regards Thomas

Sorry no image available
Posted by Floridian-312987 - 7 years ago



try them. You will need to register a business without a place of business in France. oh, and pay 1-4% corporate tax, cannot remember what I paid last year, but it is not the full 25%.

You would also b considered an employee(a person working on french soil), so add on taxes for that.

Contact an Accountant or the French better business bureau(there is one just at the end of blvd carnot in cannes) to ask more questions.

Just create a web site in french and advertise in the regions you want to sell in. DPD is a good shipper

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChB-184121 - 7 years ago

to have a stall at the local market, you have to pay the mairie for your "pitch", probably you would need a trading license so they know who you are, so they can send you a tax bill. To sell out of the back of your van would be illegal but that is what some people do; I have been approached with all sorts of stories - " I've been at a trade fair and need to get rid of my samples otherwise my boss will complain" was one I heard. I bought stuff from him, bit it turned out to be rubbish in a good looking box.