DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

"Service provider" is not providing a service...

Posted by clarinette-207983 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by clarinette-207983 - 5 years ago

Your client must have been pulling his hair out - I had no idea FT had become so inefficient. Anyway, the good news is that I'm now back on the line - at last! Now, for what it's worth, I shall write to Free to suggest how they could have handled this in a more client-friendly manner. Thank you again for your support. All good wishes.

Sorry no image available
Posted by 785biot@gmail.com - 5 years ago

Well I am afraid that is normal. FT always tell you that it is not there line heard that all the time. But normally the ADSL start to work when they have checks the line 2 or 3 times.

Quite funny I have a custommer that build a new house and to connect a simpel phone line invold 5 persons from FT. One to take the order(FT shop) one person to lay the cable from the FT closet to the house. One to connect the cable in the house. One to connect the cable to the closet and fineley one to connect the ADSL to the system. They workt ofcourse on different weeks and not on the same day. Good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by clarinette-207983 - 5 years ago

Hi,

Thanks very much for your reply. Unfortunately we've tried these things and the Free technician has also said that the problem is not at our end. 26 days now and we're waiting for France Telecom to check the line a second time!

Best regards.

Sorry no image available
Posted by 785biot@gmail.com - 5 years ago

Hi

Jep very frustrating but as long it is france telecom that owns the line there is nothing to do other then just wait. I had a customer who got a new landline, it took 11 month for france telecom to install. Normal I find FREES helpdesk very competent but as long France telecom is involved it takes time. However you can du this.

1) Restart your freebox (unpluck the powercable)
2) Change your ADSL filter in the phone plug

What kind of errors are the Freebox shows? ( does it show the time)