DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

SFR/Neuf cancellation Fee

Posted by musky-211885 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by musky-211885 - 6 years ago

Hi Sorry that should have been euros. It was for my sfr/neufbox. I have been with them for 6 years. I recvd new box from free within a week, sim card came in 2 weeks for the mobile although previously I did not have a mobile contract. No problems at all. Very happy with the service. Just suprised with the charge for closure of account. (Frais de fermeture d'access)
RegardsKathy

Sorry no image available
Posted by ann-max-195789 - 6 years ago

On a weekend, I recently switched from SFR to FREE, using the same number, I received the SIM within a few days, the effectiveness of the switch on the friday of that same week.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 6 years ago

That could easily be correct depending upon where you stood with respect to your outstanding contractual engagement. French law has been tightened up in this respect to stop the incumbent operators gouging their customers and holding them hostage. For example you can leave a 2 year contract at any time n the 2nd year by paying 25% of the remaining full term.
By the way, out of interest, if indeed you transferred from SFR to Free whilst still under contract, how did transfer go for you? Did you opt for portability of your number? How smooth was the cutover? How long did it take till you received your SIM card?

Sorry no image available
Posted by GreenLeaf-314739 - 6 years ago

Well, first off, they should be charging you in euros (€) ,

secondly, you will probably just have to pay it or have letters from the collection agencies arrive and all that it entails.