Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Tax declaration for titre de long sejour -visiteur - with no income

Posted by taloulala - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by taloulala - 5 years ago

Thank you laughingboy for your response.

Take care


Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

I believe that for EC citizens, if you become resident during 2012 it would suffice to fill in a tax return next April to declare your situation during the tax year 1.1.12 to 31.12.12, i.e. stating the date during February when you arrived. (If you arrive with the fixed intention of staying, the 183 day rule is irrelevant - you are resident from Day 1.) But I don't know the rules for non-EC citizens on long stay visas, I suspect there may be other formalities. Suggest you ask your embassy.