Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


tax return-son at Uni

Posted by Debbie.Wenn-246797 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by George F - 8 years ago

Once a child is over 18 they are considered to be an adult and should declare their own revenues. However they can be included in the parents' tax return until they are 21 or, if in full-time education, 25. There doesn't appear to be any differentiation made between the studies taking place in France or abroad: http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F3085.xhtml.

In order to benefit from this inclusion, your child has to write to you, requesting that they be included on your tax return. You should keep this request in case it is required by the tax people.