Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Travel with carte sejour via UK?

Posted by Macussa - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by George F - 6 years ago

This was addressed a couple of years ago. It may still be relevant: http://riviera.angloinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=163781. The topic also links back to here: http://riviera.angloinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=156089

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 6 years ago

I think one can only travel freely in europe on a carte de sejour between schengen countries.
I had a difficult moment trying to go to switzerland with my carte de sejour a few years ago & had to use my UK passport to cross the border

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tony2101 - 6 years ago

Assuming that you are simply transiting via London at the same airport you do not need a visa as you will not be entering the country. Therefore, you can use your SA Passport without a Visa.
By the way, you cannot travel to the UK with your Carte Sejour. This is not a recognised travel document in the UK.