DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

UK based business

Posted by greatexpectations-320634 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Methuselah-217505 - 6 years ago

I was in exactly the same position as you, I also worked everywhere except in France, but had the misfortune to be fiscally resident in France. Unfortunately any course other than registering in France and paying the high French social charges and taxes, and living with the administrative inefficiency and bureaucratic nightmare that the French system is, was the only legal and correct way to do it. Eventually you get used to it but you will need someone to help you.

I too would thoroughly recommend Laurent Gravelle. His charges are very fair, but not 'cheap'. Also remember that cheap advice is actually very expensive,

Sorry no image available
Posted by greatexpectations-320634 - 6 years ago

Thanks that's very much appreciated. A personal referral is always best.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ESS-209984 - 6 years ago

Suggest that you speak to a French tax lawyer to verify which European country is best for your business. It is money well spent, and initial discussions will only be around €200.I can highly recommend Lauren Gravel in Sophia, he speaks perfect English, and will give you sound advice.You can reach him on 04.93.00.42.72

Sorry no image available
Posted by greatexpectations-320634 - 6 years ago

Thanks for your comments. Should have clarified that although I live in France I actually do work all around Europe (and not in France).

Sorry no image available
Posted by ESS-209984 - 6 years ago

If you follow that route you would be trading in France illegally - never the best way to start with a new venture.

Your French competitors are likely to take a dim view of your lack of business registration, and it will then cost you a lot more than you save when they shop you to the authorities! Penalty can be a fine, or imprisonment, or both.

Corporate taxes in the UK give no individual entitlement to treatement under the NHS, and if you are not UK resident, you will not be entitled to be treated there free of charge. Given the choice between the NHS and the French local health services, France would win every time. Very few people are pleased with NHS services, apart from in an emergency where they can be second to none. Your routine medical care in France would be so much easier to access were to register legally in France.