Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


urgent help/advice

Posted by montecarlo-266813 - Created: 7 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lots-322716 - 7 years ago

If you haven't paid in, you can't take out. That's the way it is in France so if you haven't paid contributions you won't get a cent.

Sorry if this is a bit blunt but I don't want you to get your hopes up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Debbie.Wenn-246797 - 7 years ago

Go on the EU website which covers all info' regarding living, claiming benefits in an EU member country. Alot of the info there is even not known by the French authorities and you can ask them a question, obtain legal advice in your "mother tongue" Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by montecarlo-266813 - 7 years ago

thank you so much for your reply.... will follow it up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Neil85 - 7 years ago

Hi Montecarlo,

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Try Caisse d'Allocations Familiales (CAF). Tell them about your situation and you will be given a form(s) to fill in giving your details. I had to fill in a "Declaration de ressources trimestriales RSA" which is to let them know your income(s) for the previous 3 months.

Unfortunately, although me and my wife were struggling financially during the winter, (no income from holiday lettings or from my handyman job and electric bills getting bigger), we weren't given any money as my wife is getting her pensions and I get a minute income after deductions from letting an industrial unit in the UK. I had made declarations for 3 or 4 consecutive months but eventually they said we weren't entitled to anything. (That was 2 years ago and by luck we are still managing to survive).

As you are on your own and with presumably less or no income, you may qualify for assistance.

You can look on line under www.caf.fr to find out more (in French) and the address of your local CAF office. There may be more help than I can give, here on AI under EU Factsheets.

Good luck,