DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Who will process a new carte grise? No one wants to!

Posted by Alia.Delahoy - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ben10-881031 - 5 years ago

Xtreme bike in Juan Les Pins Boulevard Wilson does it. We have done all of ours there regardless of age of car or if over 30 days!

Sorry no image available
Posted by chrisper - 5 years ago

Just use CarteGriseMinute.fr which is a piece of cake.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Squeaky-882728 - 5 years ago

Fashion1: "You have 30 days to change the carte gris from the date of signing. If the car is older than 10 yrs, they will not do it. The prefec won't do it. No if's,ors or buts accepted."

Where on earth did you get this from??

Some Mairies still do it - some don't. I took my friends through the process recently for their 12 year old Peugeot.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Alia.Delahoy - 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestns. Yes we know it has to be done within 30 days, luckily the paperwork date is wrong so we have 2 more weeks. going to try it online tomorrow as we are now running around to the bank and police as someone got our credit card details and has spent more than 8,000 euro on it! Always something to do here! Still at least each challenge makes us learn more French. Looking on the bright side.

Alia 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

You have 30 days to change the carte gris from the date of signing. If the car is older than 10 yrs, they will not do it. The prefec won't do it. No if's,ors or buts accepted.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MYSPACE-265889 - 5 years ago

@ laughingboy some mairie have "service des cartes grises" they take all the papers they send it to the préfecture or sous préfecture and than sent to you by mail....and some don't.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

there is a place in cagnes sur mer where you can do it in person without a stupid length queue which are also open on a saturday morning

france immatriculation (sas)

95 rue cyrille bessset

cagnes sur mer   04 92 04 58 65

they also have an outlet in nice (90 bld cessole)  04 93 51 57 69

Have used the cagnes place myself & they are very helpful and they will also make you the new plates if neccessary

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

As said, AFAIK the Mairie never had anything to do with immatriculation, it has always been done by the Prefecture or the sub-Prefecture.

Why the garages won't do it I am not totally sure. I got mine done at Feu Vert a couple of years ago (now closed down). But if the car is still on the old-style plates with the departmental number as part of the registration number that might be the reason, as you will need to be allocated a new registration number. I have a feeling the garages can only process it when it is a simple change of ownership and the car already has the new-style immatriculation that stays with the vehicle for life.

But I agree with Cuplet, they are telling you to go to the Prefecture, not the Mairie.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cupplet - 5 years ago

It wasn't the Maries who did it - it was the Prefecture - a large building on the road to Digne not far from the airport or there's one in Grasse.