DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

ANZAC biscuit ingredients

Posted by berocca - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Thought I would get into the anzac spirit and bake some biscuits. Havent found golden syrup but do you think that some sort of maple syrup/honey combination would suffice?cheers bec

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dingoes - 8 years ago

Hi All

Just found your old ads here & thought we would let you know of Aussies & Kiwis on the Riviera facebook site.
Based at the Kookaburra Bar & Restaurant in old port - 20 Quai des Docks Nice Ph: 04 89 00 12 65

Drop by for a beer someday.....

Sorry no image available
Posted by berocca - 14 years ago

yep thats about the one i have. thanks moana.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Moana - 14 years ago

The recipe.......

3/4 cup of flour (125gr)

3/4 cup of sugar (125gr)

1 cup coconut

1 cup rolled oats

1/2 cup butter (100gr)

1 tablespoon of Golden syrup

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

2 tablespoons boiling water

Mix together flour, sugar, coconut and rolled oats.  Melt butter and golden syrup.  Dissolve baking soda in the boiling water and add to butter and golden syrup.

Make a well in the centre of flour and stir in the liquid.  Place in spoonfuls on a greased tray

bake 15-20 mins at 180 celsius or 350 fahrenheit.

Happy Cooking!

Sorry no image available

for those of you who are interested ANZAC biscuits were named for the australian and new zealand army core to which they are attributed. they are made of 'non-perishable' ingredients and are simple to make and were cooked by troops in the first world war.will bring a reciepe in tomorrow to post on the board...nothing special but they always tast pretty good...regards bec

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dukeboy - 14 years ago

Hi Guys, all this talk of Anzac biccies has got me inspired to make some myself, don't s'pose you could post a recipe up on the board, at the request of a fellow Aussie?Have a great Anzac day, anyone heading up to Villers Bretonneux this weekend? If you're interested, I thoroughly recommend it, it's an amazing part of our history!You can check it out here :-http://www.villers-bretonneux.com/Cheers,Earl

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 14 years ago

What are Anzac biscuits?

Can you post a recipe so that us Brits can have a go at making them.

Golden Syrup is available at   L'Clerc, Grasse
                                        Champion, opio
                                        Champion, Valbonne
                                        Shoppi, Roquefort les pins

The best price is L'Clerc.

Jan
'anything for an easy life'

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 14 years ago

Yes, of course Geoffrey's has golden syrup, and probably Vegemite too.  Might always be a good idea to give them a call to make sure they have it in stock before making the trip, though.

Sorry no image available
Posted by FleurA - 14 years ago

Yes. I might do a few myself.  Have a great 'sure to rise' recipe.  Guess I'll be off to Monaco to get the golden syrup.  Surely Geoffery must have it in Antibes???

Sorry no image available

oops thanks fleurA...how could i forget the kiwis...as for the 'bake off', it currently has only one participant...me!but hopefully all this biscuit talk will inspire others, if not to bake biscuits then hopefully to remember why they are called ANZACS

Sorry no image available
Posted by FleurA - 14 years ago

PS: thanks for the vegemite tip....

Where's the ANZAC bickie cook off happening?