DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

asian food grocery store

Posted by J & C-187881 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Does anyone know of an asian food grocery store anywhere on the Cote D'Azur?

Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cab-182963 - 14 years ago

Hi.

In Cannes near the Gambetta Market (the parallel street to the Morrison's) there is a Philipinne produce store that carries "Asiatic" vegetables, sauces, rice and spices.

C.

Sorry no image available
Posted by leslie-179832 - 14 years ago

Hi.

Just in case you have not found one you like, there is also one on Blvd. Carnot heading in the direction of Le Cannet on the west side of the street.

I do not remember the name, but it looks very good.

Leslie

Sorry no image available
Posted by Doug-181340 - 14 years ago

Promo Asie on rue Miolis in Nice is good, as is Mondial Marché near the Acropolis - also in Nice.

See this thread for more discussion.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjmiller - 14 years ago

There's a Chinese supermarket in La Valette on the way Toulon. Near the Grand Var shopping center.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

It depends what you mean by 'Asian'.  It is easy to get ingredients related to Vietnamese and Cambodian (ex-French colonies) in stores in the larger towns.

If you mean West Asian/Middle Eastern, then there is at least one Lebanese store that I know of in Cannes. 

If by 'Asian' you mean from the Indian subcontinent,  supplies are more limited.  You can get a lot of the spices at the market in Grasse (Place des Aires) otherwise pickles, poppadums, and so on on appear sporadically in some of the supermarkets (Champion particularly).

I expect the above is also available at the well known English food store in Antibes,  but if you can afford to shop there you can also afford an Easyjet ticket to London for 51 Euros including taxes and you'd save more than the price of your ticket by filling a suitcase with goods.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dumortier - 14 years ago

There is one in Antibes on Blvd Wilson going towards Juan les Pins.