DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Beans beans beans!

Posted by Jelly-193845 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Forgive me, I love the healthy way of life here, but I would love to buy Heinz baked beans occasionally, with 'proper' English sausages?, Helmans mayo, Bisto gravy mix....oh such decadence!

Anyone oblige where I may but these products in Nice area, as I'm sick of 'clunking' through customs with a suitcase full of suxh delights

Cheers

Jelly

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by pr - 14 years ago

We support Eurobrits! www.eurobrits.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by Liam-189659 - 14 years ago

You can everything and more at Geffery's of London in Antibes near the Blue Lady Pub beside the Port.

Bon Appetit......

Sorry no image available
Posted by pigtails - 14 years ago

Hi, my parents own a guesthouse in England & everytime they come over they bring a minimum of 4 kilo of the best bacon through customs, & never a problem!! & yes it is just for us!! I grew up  on bacon butties........ really how can I give them up now!!!

ps if we're invited to the breaky bbq will bring the bacon!!

pigtails

Sorry no image available
Posted by gordygrk2-184034 - 14 years ago

Would my wife and I be welcome at this little feast? (were it to take place that is). We could possibly supply a little black pudding! (or big black pudding,as the case may be)Gordon

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

You don't need to sneak them through customs ..... it's perfectly legal to bring them in (as long is it not enough to be considered a commercial quantity).

and in exchange for that hint ......  !!!  I look forward to hearing from you!

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane - 14 years ago

We're coming down in July, what about a brekkie bbq somewhere. We have a local butcher who does Lincolnshire sausages to die for, he also does Cumberland, pork and leak and others, you know the real tasty fat bangers, how would I sneak them through customs?regards Lynnette

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane - 14 years ago

Great British breakfast club, what a great idea, where and when is the first meet?

regards Lynnette

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul_A-184148 - 14 years ago

But where does the crunchy baguette go when you go back to the UK???

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jelly-193845 - 14 years ago

Sshhhhhhhhhh hid that cheddar in my shoes in the case.................thought it would be safe there since it was in my trainers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jelly

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul_A-184148 - 14 years ago

Ah!   Someone else whose discovered the culinary wonders of mixing French flair with the best of British.  My favourite is a thick chunk of cheddar cheese in crunchy bagette.  Hmmm, if only good cheddar was easier to find....