DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bread

Posted by LMN-212936 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

I would hope the baker would be fired, as a properly run bakery knows how many people come in everyday and what they order. Waste raises the prices for us. Better to run out than have left-overs with no shelf life, and bread pudding is not very big here.

Some bakers will slice the bread and sell you crutons that could be days or weeks old

Otherwise, yes, is does go to farmers, the few that are here, but they pay for it. I buy a big sack every month for my chicks and cock.

I think asking at the bakery would give you the best answer, which will probably be in line with paragraph #1.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LMN-212936 - 5 years ago

Thank you for the response. I had the impression it was collected, and taken to   Refuges, or other places where it could be dealt with, and still  offered as a food.

Sorry no image available
Posted by 1850stjeannet - 5 years ago

In Central Nice they reduce it in some plaes - like the cakes, or they bin it where it is rapidly retreived by the SDF's

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kentish maid-243236 - 5 years ago

It usually gets put out for animal feed, local farmers/smallholders collect by the sack full (no point in anything else as it would be stale by the next day)