DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Butcher needed for English sausages

Posted by gareth-182148 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gareth-182148 - 14 years ago

As far as I can make out it's only a  problem when selling them in a restaurant. I'm sure that there are ways to import and resale from abroad but, as it's for my own bar/restaurant, I would rather err on the side of caution.

Gareth

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crayfish2004 - 14 years ago

Give Philippe Gauthier in Golfe Juan a call (04 93 63 72 49). He's the No.1 supplier of quality meat to the yachts in this area. He speaks perfect English and is very familiar with 'la Boucherie Anglaise'. If he can't make them I'm sure he'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Crayfish

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

What are the resale issues? Haven't they become less of a problem recently? I ask because some supermarkets (such as the Marché U in Vence) sell English-from-England sausages, actual imported ones, that is.**************
Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by NadiaG-192314 - 14 years ago

I suppose you could try to get a good sausage recipe from a good english butcher and ask a local butcher to make them especially for you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gareth-182148 - 14 years ago

I am indeed serious, I can't export from the Uk due to resale health issues. I need to find a local butcher here!Gareth

Sorry no image available
Posted by lob-189383 - 14 years ago

if you are serious and need customers count me in!

Sorry no image available
Posted by NadiaG-192314 - 14 years ago

are you serious?

If you have a look at the back if Sainbury's Magazine, there are a few overnight delivery traditional sausage makers. I don't know if the sausages can cross the Channel, but it's worth a try!