DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Can you reccomment a seafood restaurant?

Posted by Annelise-191985 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjoepage - 13 years ago

...and I thought I had the nicest fish resto sorted yet it hasn't been mentioned!  What about Festival de la Mer in JLP?  The Dos de Turbot is really excellent.  Everything else is very good too.  I've been many times and just want to go back each time more.  Also, after your meal, you can cross the street to PamPam and drink a silly foofy cocktail while watching a really nice dance performance.Its all good

Sorry no image available
Posted by lykke - 13 years ago

Its a shame you have that point of view. I've never had any bad experiences. We use to go for a walk by the sea after we have eaten. I do not hope your point of view will make people not go. Its an experience eating there. And its very romantic.PS! The restaurant has a doorkeeper that will park your car right out front of the restaurant. No need to worry not finding parking.;-) Lykke

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mollie-182222 - 13 years ago

I have never been to Coco Beach, but I would say for a "romantic evening," the setting at Coco Beach in NIce may not be as desirable as some other places. I live near there, and I was mugged  near there last week in broad daylight- while many people looked on and did nothing as I tried to defend myself. I find myself avoiding that area of Nice, which is near my home, and where I have been going for exercise for years. It is an outrage to me.

So, my argument is not against the restaurant or the food, but I have never understood what is the attraction of this restaurant from the outside. The street is terrible for parking and filthy, and at night, there is nowhere to really walk around for nightlife or music, and there are strange characters there, day and night- who make it the Nice port / reserve setting less and less safe and attractive.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lykke - 13 years ago

Deffinately Restaurant COCO-BEACH (2 av. Jean-Lorrain, Nice, Tel 04 93 89 39 26). The restaurant has been in the family for more than 40 years. Right now the daughter is running the place with some of the old servants. The service is more than EXCELENT and the view is beautyfull. You can see all of Nice from there. Call them a week berfore and reservate a table with the best view. Dinner for 2 with aperitif, 3 delicious courses, a bottle of wine and coffee, 180 eur. You get their homemade grappa for free when you finish dinner.(Sounds like i'm working there but i just LOVE the place ;);-) Lykke

Sorry no image available
Posted by sms9127 - 13 years ago

I can recommend  "La Bourride" (telephone 04 93 31 07 75). It's a classic, very good, fish and seafood restaurant on the Port at the Cros de Cagnes.  They have a terrace and there is parking. They also serve as an entré one of the nicest, fait maison, foie gras frais one can ever eat. The prices are fair for the excellent quailty and service.Sue

Sorry no image available
Posted by Shrek 2-196274 - 13 years ago

cafe de turin gets my vote in second place to the...

Marco Polo in Théoule

why not combine it with the firwroks in cannes, excellent setting although you will need to book...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mollie-182222 - 13 years ago

I like the Oursin Bleu in Villefranche, on the port, which is not particularly for seafood that I know of, but I have eaten delicious fish dishes there before. They are not simple, nor too showy, but it is a lovely setting.

A shellfish place that is popular is Cafe de Turin in Nice on Place Garibaldi. It is very simple and peel and eat'em, if that is what you prefer.

Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by jvdh - 13 years ago

Paloma Plage in St. Jean Cap Ferrat - tel, 0493 01 64 71

Good (fresh) seafood with the possibility to eat on the shoreline. Need to reserve if you like to have a table there. Not terribly expensive but not cheap either. Parking is no problem anymore, they discovered ‘valet parking’. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Bon apetite