DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Cooking class

Posted by Rootbear - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi, We are staying in Roquebrune Cap Martin from March 18 to April 17. Last year when we were in Tuscany we located a wonderful women who offered a cooking class in her home and then we ate it as our dinner in her dining room. The lesson was excellent, the meal was excellent as was the price. We are looking for a similar situation in the Cote while we are there. Is there someone you might recommend that we contact that might be interested in teaching. We are retired teachers (my wife taught foods) from Canada who would love to learn some French cooking whilewe are there. There would just be my wife and I. Thanks, Gerry near London CanadaPS We are also looking for a a person(s) in SW France (1 week in each near Cahors, near Limoges and near Toulouse)

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cleggan-191703 - 14 years ago

I cut and pasted this response from another Angloinfo fourum from December, DublinMike was the guy and if you just do a search in angloinfo under 'french lessons' this will come up.  I didn't notice until after I posted the listing that there is not contact info, but it is easy enough to go to the original posting and reply to Dublin Mike via e-mail.

Good luck, I don't have a car or I would do this myself

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cleggan-191703 - 14 years ago

¶ Fantastic French LessonsSend | e-mail)ReplyPosted - 06/12/2003 at 11:57

My wife and I began lessons last night with a French lady and her family in Peille. It was fantastic and so fast. Instead of teaching you in the normal school way, this lady invited us to dinner with her family. Anyway there were 3 of us last night with herself, her husband and two little boys.

The lessons started when vegetables had to be picked from the garden, aperitifs prepared, the log fire lit etc., and so on for the evening. So while we had to get involved along the way and were learning vast amounts, it was also an incredibly enjoyable evening. And my what an improvement in vocabulary and usage! They hardly speak and English, and I have to say, it really speeds things along. Between the rest of us we were able to confer and share understandings. But getting tipsy was seriously inevitable.

The best thing about it was being able to ask for correction on the right way to say something rather than the very bad complicated Frecnh we learned in our teens.

Our next lesson is on a Saturday afternoon and if I understand it correctly we're going for a walk in the woods to pick mushrooms or something, with drinks back at the house later.

She is looking for another 2 or 3 people to join the lessons once a week, or perhaps twice a week if desired. It cost 25E each for the whole evening and we gave 5 towards the lavish meal although we weren't asked for it.

If you're interested in joining up, let me know and I'll help put it together because as I said, she has very little English.

Regards,

Mike

M

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spidey-189686 - 14 years ago

Hi Rootbear,

Contact Si at the Forum, I think he is arranging a very similar cookery course pretty soon. See the forum website for full information

www.theforumfrance.com

NEVER FAR AWAY

SPIDEY