DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Cream of Tartar/ Ascorbic Acid

Posted by janiceedavis - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by janiceedavis - 4 years ago

Hi again,

Thank you once again for your kind offer of the Cream of Tarter.

Would it be easier if I sent you a prepaid envelope and you just mailed me whatever amount you can spare? Would you prefer to trade it for some other hard-to-find ingredient?

I wouldn't want to inconvenience you.

I can give you my mobile but prefer ot to post it on a pulic forum.

Many thanks,

Janice

Sorry no image available

Hi there,

Thank you VERY much. If you can me when and where I would be very happy to buy you a coffee/ wine. I'm in Villefranche but regularly come to the East Asian grocery stores in Nice.

I can send you a private email, if you like, with my mobile #.

Truly grateful,

Janice

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lescypres-873147 - 4 years ago

Having appealed to UK visitors to bring me some over, I now have too much. I live near Nice and would be happy to give you some. 

Sorry no image available

Perhaps I can ask at my local Boulangerie. cook-shop.fr has 100 grams for 5.95 but they charge 6.95 for delivery. Some local store MUST carry it. If anyone has the answer please let me know.

Sorry no image available

OK, Thanks. It is a basic baking ingredient that the French occasionally use, particularly in making macarons. It is available online here in France but I hoped to buy it in the Nice area. I know I can get l'acide ascorbique in the Pharmacie but not in powder form.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LovedaCote - 4 years ago

Your friend - google.fr   (Creme de Tartre & Acide ascorbique)

http://www.cuisineaddict.com/achat-art-creme-de-tartre-poudre-1-kg-louis-francois-1866.htm?ectrans=1&gclid=CMS_ztSTybgCFe_LtAodvVsAjQ

Or

http://www.cuisineaddict.com/achat-art-acide-ascorbique-poudre-1-kg-louis-francois-1865.htm?ectrans=1&gclid=CPfonNeUybgCFbHKtAodrGIATA

You are NOT gonna find this at a supermarket, that's funny, super u, or try your local co-op for smaller quantities or search in the yellow pages for a bakery supply shop here that is open to the public(50/50 chance), the one I knew of closed in cannes. There are co-ops in Antibes and Grasse, plus any other big town on the coast.

You can try Metro, but you need to be a business or know someone who is to get it for you.

Sorry no image available

No one who I have asked in Carrefour, Super U etc. know what Creme de Tartre is. Perhaps it has a more commonly used named here in France?

Sorry no image available

Did you try the translation for this yourself.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LovedaCote - 4 years ago