DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

English goodies

Posted by NadiaG-192314 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 21 to 28)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 14 years ago

But LeClerc  don't have sausages and bacon, or any other english chilled or frozen food.
Brittain's home stores have a great range of frozen food including Aunt Bessie's yorkshire puds, apple pies and parsnips.

And a little birdie told me that christmas goodies are arriving this week. Mincemeat, christmas puds and cakes and crackers.

I am going there tomorrow, so will report back.

Jan

'anything for an easy life'

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gill n George - 14 years ago

Leclerc in Grasse has a small but good section of British and Asian foods at very reasonable prices.Gill n George

Sorry no image available
Posted by ruby-197471 - 14 years ago

Is there anywhere in Nice where you can buy baked beans and sausages and decent bacon??

Ruby

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 14 years ago

Same goes for Lafayette Gourmet @Cap 3000.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Peacock-187994 - 14 years ago

Brittains home stores is pretty good.

Plus Champion in Mougins and Valbonne have an English section for most of the basics ( Valbonne even sells sausages, bacon and pies ).

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

There's an English Goodies Shop in Fort Pierce, Florida, she's American, her husbands English, selling a huge array of products at about half the price  the Shop in Antibes sells them for - admittedly there are a good range of other American and Italian products as well, but when I was there this summer I did wonder at what must be extra transport and customs charges to ship this stuff to the US, as compared to Europe, and still be able to sell at a profit ?

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by SuperGrasse - 14 years ago

If you think that's bad my best friend in Austin Texas regularly pays $5 for a bag of minature crunchies. Keeps him sane he says. I note more and more supermarkets (even Carrefour in Monaco) have so called English produce so the price should come down.SG

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Try Brittains Home Stores on the Forum Roundabout near Valbonne.  Their prices are sensible (they too have make a living.

They have a good and increasing range of products too