DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Fresh skim milk?

Posted by agnes-188419 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 15 years ago

Hi Gill n George

Yes it was HyperU before.

Shame about the milk.

Jan

'anything for an easy life'

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gill n George - 15 years ago

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Leclerc have decided to change milk suppliers to Candia and so will no longer be stocking the Bridelight skimmed milk. Apparently they had been stocking it for 'un bon moment'!!!!

At least we now know that there is a producer of the milk, just need to find a new supermarket with it.

BTW didn't the Leclerc in Grasse used to be a Hyper U?

Gill

Gill n George

Sorry no image available

No 6 and others

Do I need to tell you all again..Brittain's home stores. They have Lucozade. Plus lots of other goodies. Parking is no problem. And it's only about 10 paces from car to shop. So the lucozade should make it home.

Jan

Sorry no image available
Posted by julietteR-199244 - 15 years ago

Do you have Hypa-U near you? I buy my fresh skimmed from there although they never have very much and you do need to go in the morning really, it does seem to last longer than skimmed in the U.K. so I normally get 2 or 3 (if they have that many!)juliette

Sorry no image available
Posted by No.6 - 15 years ago

Jan: when you were wetting yourself over the skimmed milk, did you happen to notice if the LeClerc had any Lucozade perchance?  See here. Thks!

Sorry no image available

I have found fresh Skimmed Milk!!!

E.Leclerc-Grasse

I went this morning to do my normal shopping and could not believe it. Sitting just above the normal red and blue topped stuff was skimmed milk. It is fresh, not UHT.

Bottle reads:-

Nouveau

Bridelight

Lait Ecreme Pasteurise 0,5% mat gr.

1 Litre = 0.94E

Lets hope this will be a permanant line.

Jan

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonwynne - 15 years ago

Hi.

Totally agree about the milk, when I first came here it was that dreadful uht until I went up to that large centre in La trinite although I got semi skimmed aslo another place is car4 in Monaco both I think also could have what u require..

Simon Templer

Sorry no image available
Posted by quel123-199084 - 15 years ago

i was tortured about this for the first 2 years i lived here because the "fresh" milk they sell here is only whole (entirer) or demi... HOWEVER, i fianlly tasted the DEMI and it is almost exactly like skim milk in the USA and it is virtually fat free... very low like 1.8 grams of fat or something like that.  i recommend you try it.Raquel

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 16 years ago

Duh! OK, I've never seen that!

lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 16 years ago

szozu: the question is not where to get fresh semi-skimmed milk (easy as pie), but fresh skimmed milk.