DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Good Restaurant in Antibes

Posted by Mahi - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Karen.Antibes - 5 years ago

If you are looking for something above average try Michaelangelo in our experience it's superb both in food wine and service after 12 years! I love the raviolini en truffe filet mignon truffle mashed potatoes fried squid delish !Le Brulot for the Canard is awesome but you must book and sit "Upstairs" :-)We found a cute Italian place don't have the name handy but it is across the street from the end of James close last little place on the left I can't vouch for the whole menu but the "Vongole" is great!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mahi - 5 years ago

Great! Thank you so much for your suggestions!

Sorry no image available
Posted by juliadevi - 5 years ago

Two of my favourite restaurants at the moment for a "nice meal" in Antibes are Le Vauban (in rue Thuret, we've been going there for years) and Le Comptoir de la Tourraque (next to the lavoir, we've been there 3x this year so far)

They both have nice 3 course prix-fixe formules with seasonal, creative dishes for around 30 euros (with more expensive prix-fixe and à la carte options as well)

Something more casual but with good food is Mamalu, near the Marché Provencal.

None of them have terraces so the food is good... it seems to me that (sadly) any place that has outdoor seating in Antibes is doomed to be a tourist trap (cf anything on blvd d'Aguillon, le Jardin, le Safranier, etc). The only exception we've found recently is Le Moulin in L'ilette, we've been there twice in the last two weeks and had some excellent pizzas and antipasti (yes, pizze e antipaste if you're an Italian grammar fanatic, leave me alone...;)

Le Vauban and Comptoir de la Tourraque are both French, Mamalu and Le Moulin are Italian

Oh and another cute, romantic resto is La Taille de Guèpe, which uses flowers in a lot of dishes, we haven't been so recently though b/c it's been booked out...

In any case you should book ahead!