DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Maccaroni cheese recipie?

Posted by Honey-190366 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Has anyone got a good and eady recipie for maccaroni cheese bake please??

Thanks,

Honey

Honey

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Zeynep-183200 - 14 years ago

Alternatively, once you cook the pasta, heat several different kinds of cheese (until they melt) in creme fraiche. Then add the pasta. Voila! :-)

I suggest chevre (goat cheese), parmesan, and a bit of blue cheese. And the legere (light) kind of creme fraiche.

Enjoy,

Zeynep

Sorry no image available
Posted by Honey-190366 - 14 years ago

Thanks Leslie!

I'll be trying that tonite!

Honey

Sorry no image available
Posted by leslie-179832 - 14 years ago

Quick and easy:

par boil maccaronni noodles in boiling salted water ( by this I mean cook until just almost al dente) grate 1/2 cup parmesean and 1 1/2 cup cheddar  or cheddar substitute like comte or  cantal while your pasta is coolking. grease a baking dish with butter.

Mix pasta with several knobs of butter add the cheeses and mix well . Add 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup milk and stir again. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Put pasta mixture into baking dish, sprinkle top with paprika and bake in pre-heated oven on 220c for 20 minutes. At end of cooking time add afew more knobs of butter, some more parmesean and bake a further 5 minutes til golden brown and bubbly.

You can add a mixture of mile and cream instead of just milk and you can also add a heaping teaspoon of dijon mustard to the mixture as well before baking to spice it up!

Enjoy

Leslie