DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

New Place selling homemade UK food?

Posted by JustinJ-301470 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by indigomonaco - 5 years ago

The Snug & Cellar (just up from Place Rosetti) seems to have become a go-to expat place. I've heard the food is pretty good. It's not new, but it did change ownership etc a couple of years ago.

Ma Nolans is also good for decent pub food.

Sorry no image available
Posted by indigomonaco - 5 years ago

Ba&Ke... I've actually seen swedish meatballs in Picard (of all places!)  Go figure. 

Haven't tried them yet, but their other frozen meatballs have been really nice and tender.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ba&Ke - 5 years ago

It's the Swedish meatballs mentioned in the original post that I'm interested in, if anyone knows where to get them (other than Ikea!).

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wednesday-319687 - 5 years ago

Its hard i know i am the same never thought i miss English food so much. Geffories in Antibe actually deliver and have an ok website I have used the servie. Don't know where yor based but the ship and castle in monaco is an english based menu and has fish and chip fridays and roast on a sunday, never been so not a personal recommendation. If you find anywhere please share the information.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SunnySue-315619 - 5 years ago

Wayne's in the old town also do typical English food, don't they? I've never eaten there, but I can smell English food when I walk past!

Sorry no image available
Posted by coramary - 5 years ago

You can EITHER

hop on the train to Antibes, only 30 mins away from Nice, and go to Geoffreys of London , who sell EVERYTHING british, pies, pasties , sausage rolls, sliced pan, bacon, pork pies etc,   

or

go to Ma Nolans for your dinner, they're produce is mostly English:/ Irish, and they do susnday roasts, fry ups, fish and chips etc.