DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Olive Oil

Posted by june rose 66 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by june rose 66 - 5 years ago

Thank you for your help. I'll check out both these places...

Sorry no image available
Posted by juliadevi - 5 years ago

I don't know why, but olive oil is much cheaper over the border in Italy.  For the last couple of years we've been going to Olio Roi in Badalucco, we go sometime in December to get the fresh oil, buy a bunch for us for the year and also some as gifts - their oils are delicious.

We normally try to combine it with a visit to the amazing mushroom resto in Badalucco, Ca'Mea (the one with the gigantic mushroom beside the road, can't miss it).

And if you get that far and would like to make a nice little visit, there's Bussana Vecchia near there as well (cute little village destroyed by an earthquake, abandoned, then became an artist colony)  I love Liguria...

Sorry no image available
Posted by vanessadaphne - 5 years ago

Yes I agree Gaziello's oil is excellent, I buy it by the liter for 7.80 €. It is fruity and light and has a very subtle taste, there is no bitterness.

Sorry no image available
Posted by belamica-188434 - 5 years ago

For years I have been buying 5 lt. tin cans of excellent fresh cold-pressed virgin olive oil at Gaziello in Ventimiglia, costs EU 41, they also have (new this year I think) a 5 lt. glass jar for EU 42.50.  If you consume a lot it's obviously worthwhile purchasing larger quantities...