DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Organic Butter from Grass Fed cows

Posted by tennismc - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mctd-192324 - 6 years ago

Hi tennismc,Jennifer's blog can be accessed via the Monaco AngloINFO forum as well as herehttp://gustia-food-finds-feasts.blogspot.fr/Which Irish butters do you most highly recommend? In more northern reaches in France, I'm sure locally-churned butters can be found. In the Biocoop I have found a couple good (sweet, light or pale golden in colour) butters, but in this region we remain challenged! Terroir has a lot to do with it, don't you think?

Sorry no image available
Posted by tennismc - 6 years ago

I have already had au bon beurre... really liked it. it wasnt marked as made from "lait cru" but the fromagere assured me that it was.it tasted great but it didnt have that deep yellow color that you find in irish butter... where can i find jennifer's blog? can you give me the link.. thanks!so far the deepest yellow color butter i have found in france is: beurre bordierbut it is made from pastuerized milk.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mctd-192324 - 6 years ago

This butter is not certified "organic", but it provides an amazing butter experience (see Jennifer's blog on monaco angloinfo) -- Au Bon Buerre that you can buy from L'entrecôte in Beaulieu-sur-mer.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tennismc - 6 years ago

thanks sue. can you recommend one?

Sorry no image available
Posted by SunnySue-315619 - 6 years ago

I think most fromageries in Nice will sell butter so you could definitely pop into one and if they don't have it then they may be able to tell you where to go.