DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Quality, value restaurant around Cannes/Grasse?

Posted by RobandJune - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Happy Days-188415 - 13 years ago

Hi All,

Just back from a night out in Adele's of Valbonne and had a fab meal. the flavours were amazing and so different to anything i've had since i've been here. The resto is lovely and has a great ambiance....highly recommended. Not too expensive either!!!

Hqppy Days

Sorry no image available
Posted by Markdo-187997 - 13 years ago

My favourite restaurants around Valbonne are:

Le Bois Dore

Daniel Desavie

Le Moulin des Moines

All have evening menus for 25-30 euros and the food and service are excellent.

One final suggestion is Le Petit Prince in Cabris which again has good food and overlooks the village green, a good choice for a lunch.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 13 years ago

We've eaten twice at ADELE'S in Val de Cuberte,  just outside Valbonne. 

We enjoyed the evening on both occasions, for both the quality of the food and the variety on offer.  This is not your normal 'provencale' restaurant but unusual and individually prepared dishes from different regions, some with an African influence, and some just original.  All very tasty, and generous portions.

There is a large and attractive terrace, quiet, and decorated in West African style, not overdone, just 'interesting'.  Of course there's an inside cosy dining area to for the colder months.

The restaurant is child friendly,  they are happy to 'tone down' the spiciness of some of their dishes to suit younger members of the family,  and the host and hostess are very welcoming to children.

I refrained from putting my comments about this restaurant onto the Forum after our first visit as places can be variable.  I have to say that our second visit, yesterday, was even more enjoyable than the first.

The menus are in French but Adele speaks excellent English and enjoys explaining the contents in English to guests.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 14 years ago

My favourite restaurant in Biot is LE LIKA on the main street (22 rue St Sebastien, phone 04.93.65.09.00) but I am not sure if there are open in the daytime.

It is a small, family-run restaurants with max. 20 seats, plus some tables in the street in summer.

Menus vary, a main dish is about 12Euro and very good.

Enjoy!

Sorry no image available
Posted by menthal - 14 years ago

Not really good on restaurants but in Mougins I like La Broche de Fer (427 av St Basile 06250 Mougins, Tél : 04 92 92 08 08, http://www.labrochedefer.com).

In Biot my favourites are:

La Table d'Olivier (6, rue Saint-Sébastien, tel 04 93 65 13 45) - small and quiet, non-smoking, often reserve but have never needed to ... no idea why as the food is really good, think they just need to be discovered.  3 courses for 30 Eur.

La Pierre a Four (15 Route Valbonne, Phone: +33(0)493 65 60 00)- busy, always need to reserve, incredibly good food for the price - 3 courses from 19 Eur.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

We had a great meal at Nossi Be a couple of years ago and I am glad to hear it is still as good.  (ssshhh .... don't shout about it !)

There is also an extremely pricey restaurant in Auribeau, beautifully situated and decorated, I think it is called the Auberge de Haute Vigne.

It's worth walking up to the top of the village for the panoramic views.

Sorry no image available
Posted by taff-192803 - 14 years ago

Have eaten here and stayed here,  can thoroughly receommend it!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by benandal-185374 - 14 years ago

Hello,We recently ate at a place just 10 minutes from Cannes in a lovely medieval village in Auribeau-sur-Siagne on the road to Grasse. Its called Nossi Be and you can choose from a simple pasta to a set menu. The lunch menu was about 23euros and dinner 34euros. It has a great sunny terrace and you can have a coffee and cake there too! Its definately the best meal we've had since coming to France and away from the tourists on the coast.Hope that helps

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

Last night I ate in a restaurant in my neighbourhood in Cannes that I thought was very good. It's on Avenue St. Louis and called Coté Jardin. The main dishes are 20 EUR, there is a lunch menu for 20 EUR, an evening menu for 35 EUR and a sampling menu for 45 EUR. It's located on the north side of the Voie Rapide away from the madness of La Croisette, though it was packed with people from the MIIPM Congress--so reserve.

http://www.restaurant-cotejardin.com

Lana