DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ragamama Restaurant in Nice

Posted by Kylie-183302 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by andi-194579 - 13 years ago

Kylie,

I also live in Bristol most of the time but am coming out to Nice to work again later in the Spring.

Went to Wagammama in Clifton just the other day- very good.

Last year I lived just down the road from Nooris. It was our favourite Indian restaurant alongside Dheli Belli in old town.

Cheerio

Andi

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 13 years ago

I posted a message here when Ragamama opened referring to the use of the name, a blatant rip of another very similar business where I have good friends, but my message was removed for alleging name theft.

My wife and I recently drove all the way to the dingy street where Ragamama were supposed to be, and they too had been removed, has the power of Admin got no bounds?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 13 years ago

Sounds very good - how busy are they on other days, e.g. Friday evenings? Reservation essential?

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 13 years ago

Nooris does do spicy curries too - presumably they simply don't feature in the buffet.**************
Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 13 years ago

Sounds good, but for those of us who like spicy curries, can anyone recommend a casual and inexpensive place?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mike-06000 - 13 years ago

I went last night, so here is the scoop. The buffet was 18EUR and you could eat as much as you like of the following:- Starters: Onion bhaji/pakora, fried aubergines;- Main dishes: Beef curry, lamb curry, chicken tikka;- Vegetables: 2/3 different veggie dishes+ Rice, Naan and simple desert...if you've still got room left!Overall the food was hot and fresh, apart from the starters and Naan which for some reason were not on the hot plates.If you like very hot (i.e. spicy) curries then I would not recommend it, but if you like fairly mild ones then it's a winner. The service was also good - for example, there are no side chutneys/sauces there with the buffet, but we asked and they brought some to our table for free.Regarding reservations, it was quite busy, so you should probably book to be on the safe side.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 13 years ago

OMG the menu sounds yummy, I have to go there. Should one make a reservation?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mike-06000 - 13 years ago

Can't remember the price, but I recall thinking it was good value compared to the normal menu. They speak good English there and also have an English language website with all the details (including a map):http://www.nooris.com/Nice/If you try it before I get the chance, be sure to post your feedback on here!Cheers,Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by COTW - 13 years ago

What is the address for Noori's and time and price for the Sunday buffet, please?

Sorry no image available
Posted by ally_in_nice - 13 years ago

Ragamama is now closed.  I think they went down before Christmas.

Noori's buffet is very good; last time I ate I over did it on the starters...well worth the money...

Lead not follow!