DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Restaurant recommendations for Valbonne wanted!

Posted by flumpleprincess - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by barbara 1 - 14 years ago

I RECOMMEND THE ELYSEE CARNOT  IN VALBONNE

THEY HAVE A WIDE RANGE OF FOOD AND ITS 

GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY.IVE BEEN GOING

THERE FOR THE LAST 12YEARS SO WHAT MORE

CAN I SAY. THE OTHER RESTAURANT I RECOMMEND

IS LE COMPTOIR DU SUD ALSO IN VALBONNE.

VERY FRIENDLY GOOD FOOD CANT GO WRONG.

b stevens

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Try La Chandellerie, just off the square.  Very small, with pleasant owner/management who make the effort to speak English. Not cheap but very good value.

Auberge Provencale, on the square. Nothing fancy, but consistently good, and a welcoming attitude unfortunately not found in a lot of other establishments.

Cadran Solaire is usually well above average.  Pity you missed it

Probably your meal was more spoilt by the selfishness of the snogging smokers, (or were they smoking snoggers?) Pity that restaurateurs don't uphold the law in regard to the rights of non-smokers.

There's another place,  I think it is called la Bergerie,  next to the BNP, on the small parking area adjacent to the bus station at the main crossroads, where we have some enjoyable and slightly different meals to the usual run of the mill provencale stuff.

Sorry no image available
Posted by flumpleprincess - 14 years ago

Unfortunately 'le cadran solaire' was shut for it's annual holiday and we ended up elsewhere.

Mediocre food, the wine waiter managed to drip wine everywhere and we got smoked out by a young chain-smoking couple snogging in the corner. (Unfortunately I was facing the show... quite annoying!!)

Never mind - yet another one to cross off the list! will consult my michelin guide next time!!

flumple :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Froggy12 - 14 years ago

Hi!

Well, you all know that our (ie French people) worse enemy is our liver ;-) I would recommend "Le Cadran Solaire" too in Valbonne. The owners are really lovely and the food is always beatiful "rien à redire" ;-)

I agree for Le Comptoir du Sud too. V nice! Good hunting!

Froggy12

Sorry no image available
Posted by Honey-190366 - 14 years ago

The Saint Petersburg restaurant is fun too! (close to the moulin de mougins) Food is good and if you get the right night there is russian dancing ...

Honey

Sorry no image available
Posted by flumpleprincess - 14 years ago

Moulin de Mougins is a 2* Michelin Restaurant - it will have to wait for a very special occasion, slightly above budget unfortunately...

So now it's a toss-up between "Le Cadran Solaire" and "Le Bistrot" hmmm... It's a hard life!

(also keen to go with another recommendation "Le Bois Dore" on the road to Antibes, anyone been there?)

Thanks for your advice!

flumple :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjoepage - 14 years ago

While not precisely Valbonne, Moulin de Mougins is the finest resto anywhere, I am fairly sure of that.  It'll set you back a few quid, but you will absolutely be impressed.  In Valbonne village, my favorites include Valbonne Bistro in the upper south side of the village proper.  Very small and romantic.Its all good

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 14 years ago

Comptoir du sud on the main road is also very good.
Jan

Anything for a peaceful life

Sorry no image available
Posted by cgraf - 14 years ago

I agree with dukeboy - Cadran Solaire, if you need a good steak - it's the best. And of course their menu is affordable and tasty with lots of choice.

C.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dukeboy - 14 years ago

A personal favourite in Valbonne is Le Cadran Solaire, not too far off the main square. Typically French food, with a great selection of Wines - particularly good Bandol!