DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

restaurant tantra and loft-feedback

Posted by skibuub - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Am wanting to try out the Tantra restaurant and Loft club in Cannes but need some feedback....what sort of food, price, atmosphere is it?

Anyone who been there, please post a message here.

Thanks

Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dolce Vita-191247 - 14 years ago

I find food at the Trantra is 'sort of ok'. Table should be booked in advance but don't expect them to keep if you are late, even if only a few minutes!), especially weekends. Service is 'typically French'. If you are a 'regular' your chances of better service increase tenfold - just my personal experience. My boyfriend once booked a table there (in person!) on Friday night for Saturday. When we arrived with our friends the evening after, we waited roughly 10min in a line of people waiting to get seated, then were told our table had been given to someone else - because we were late!! The 2nd (and 3rd!) experience involved a friend who booked a table over the phone, but on the night there was no booking in his name (!) ... same happened a few weeks later to ME ... Good music and interesting crowd though.

The Loft - best time to go there 2.00am!!! Try to look as outrageous as possible...

Sorry no image available
Posted by skibuub - 14 years ago

also, any other good bars around that area??

Sorry no image available
Posted by skibuub - 14 years ago

thanks, are the 2 linked? how much we talking to get in to Loft?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spidey-189686 - 14 years ago

Trendy people, funky music, high prices, good laugh, would recommend both places although never eaten in Tantra.

Never Far away

SPIDEY