DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Tomatoes

Posted by LouiseLL - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by LouiseLL - 6 years ago

Thanks for that! I now know not to be peering at them morning, noon and night!! Yes, there are yellow flowers on some of them. I planted about 15 different varieties, with lots of cherry tomatoes which I love, so I'm looking forward to the end of June!

Sorry no image available
Posted by GAnthony - 6 years ago

Louise, you will just have to be patient. If you planted grafted tomatoes, they should be showing some flowers, which in a couple of weeks should be showing some tiny tomatoes. If you have planted non-grafted plants, they will need a few more weeks to establish a good root system, then they will grow quite quickly. Usually ours (a mixture of grafted/non-grafted) will some yield nice tomatoes by the end of June. Depends of course on their location, plenty of sun and proper watering, as well as good soil too. Cherry tomatoes seem to be the first to ripen enough to be harvested, perhaps because they are small (and delicious). We add a little fertilizer every two weeks in the growing season, and watering is drip-feed by an automatic system. Good luck.