DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Where can we get good Chinese/Thai food ?

Posted by Cortec - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by CLAIREMR - 11 years ago

Anyone know of a good thai in monaco?Claire

Sorry no image available
Posted by Quinny-216088 - 11 years ago

the best Thai food I have had here has been either l'elephant bleu or l'ancre de chine - both right next door to eachother in antibes - would go for l'elephant bleu if I had to state a preference. The food has always been of excellent quality and the service is also just wonderful.

Funny enough, the best Indian resto I've been to in this region (and I have been to a lot believe me) is the Table des Indes, also in Antibes and coincidentally owned by the same people as l'elephant bleu. This is really really worth a try - its just yummy scrummy

ooh I'm hungry now:-(

Sorry no image available
Posted by Blume-216527 - 11 years ago

We really enjoyed Mai Tai in Juan les Pins on Boulevard Wilson. We're looking forward to going back. They are even open Sundays.

Sorry no image available
Posted by irine94200 - 11 years ago

Hello everyone. I've just heard that an asian shop will be opened at Golfe Juan. They will sell asian foods like Chinese,Thai,Viet, Philippines and other asian and also European vegetarian foods and canned foods.This shop will be open by the end of October this year. Here's their address 180 avenue de la Liberté Golfe Juan 06220

(Top of Page)

irine94200

Sorry no image available
Posted by ForceV4-191131 - 14 years ago

We had a very good meal a few months ago at "Bangkok" in Cannes...  even had real Pad Thai. It's on a side street off the Croisette, right across from the side of the Martinez. The meal & even the Asian beers were reasonably priced. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by lareveuse - 14 years ago

Maybe I'm asian and hence my taste buds are more 'sensitive' to what really is asian food. I thought that the Ban Noi was expensive , portions small and the last time I went, the green curry was cold .But must say the starters were good and it does have a nice atmosphere.I have yet to find good Cantonese roast duck, the kind you see hanging outside chinese restaurant windows in London and Paris and in Asia. I keep trying restaurants here but am always disappointed. Anyone found good roast duck here yet. They call it canard laque here.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cortec - 14 years ago

Hi Suzie,

Is it open to anyone then?

That sounds great,  it`ll be good to meet a few new people aswell,  Let me know where the restaurant is and what time it kicks off on Friday.

We`re looking forward to it already

Cheers

Cortec

Sorry no image available
Posted by Suzanne-185514 - 14 years ago

Hi Cortec,

There is a good mixture of ages coming along tomorrow as well as a variety of different nationalities.

Suzie

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cortec - 14 years ago

Thanks all for your suggestions,

Looks like the Ban Noi is a big favourite and pretty close, great!

Suzanne, that sounds like a great idea, please tell me more about this get together you are having. What age group etc?

All the best

Cortec

Sorry no image available
Posted by Suzanne-185514 - 14 years ago

Hi All,

Agree with all of the above recommendations for the Ban Noi in Mougins! In fact having a get-together there this Friday 30th if anyone cares to join us.

Cheers

Suzie