DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Where to buy Japanese ingredients?

Posted by mj-185311 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 14 years ago

Found Mondial Marche yesterday. (36/38 Ave. Gallieni, Nice, Tel 0493808969)

Good selection, staff and prices, I think.  Examples:

NongShim Kimchi Ramen 1.15
Tofu, firm, fresh 2.95
Chili Garlic Sauce, 368g, 2.70
Sushi Rice, 1K, 2.74
Wasabi Paste, 43g, 2.80
Sushi Nori, 5 sheets, 1.60
Kikkoman Soy Sauce, 1L, 5.15
Sesame Oil, 320ml, 5.50
Rice Wine Vinegar, 750ml, 6.90
Pickled Ginger, 454g, 2.55

Off the leash - and livin' on the French Riviera

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Sushi Products Ingrid Koenders VILLENEUVE LOUBET 0493229618 04 93 22 17 42

Sorry no image available

The place in Mouans Sartoux (not called Sushi Supplies .....) has an advert in the current Riviera Reporter.  I do not have a copy at hand but I'm sure someone there will find it in there.  It only gave a cellphone number as the contact.

As an aside,  we had dinner at Sushikan last week.  It is excellent in all respects, most enjoyable,  just getting there at this time of year with Cannes traffic is a nightmare - best would be by train/bus as it is only a few minutes walk from the station.

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 14 years ago

I am also a major sushi maker/eater and have not had any since arriving here.  Where abouts in Mouans Sartoux is the (not called) Sushi Supply place?Off the leash - and livin' on the French Riviera

Sorry no image available

There is a place in Mouans Sartoux whch supplies most of the restaurants in the area.  I thought it was called 'Sushi Supplies' but I did a quick search on the France Telecom directory and couldn't find it.  It definitely exists.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mj-185311 - 15 years ago

Thanks everyone! Will check all suggestions!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cabbie-182008 - 15 years ago

Promo Asie is up behind the railway station on rue Miolis. We've been to the Marché Mondiale too, and I think Promo Asie is a bit bigger.

Sorry no image available
Posted by charlie-183713 - 15 years ago

Tha asian super market at the accropolis is called marche mondial and it has most products for asian coocking.

Sorry no image available
Posted by k UMGELTER - 15 years ago

I am not sure if the market Promo Asie is the same one,.. but if it is they have brilliant stuff and it is just across from the Modern Art Museum in Nice. Very big and has all the plates and bowls and stuff like that to go with whatever you are doing. Good luck parking there because there isn't any, but definitely worth going to.K Umgelter

Sorry no image available
Posted by steph75-182837 - 15 years ago

There's a Japanese takeaway and little deli at Cap3000 mall at St laurent de var, just outside the Galleries Lafyette Gourmet supermarket on the ground level. Perhaps you might find what you are looking for there. Otherwise I have seen japanese sauces sold at Chinese/Vietnamese Asian supermarkets in Cannes, Antibes and Nice.