DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

where to eat in Monaco that isnt a rip off ?

Posted by citic-213768 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by pompomgirl-312500 - 6 years ago

The Baobab on the Larvotto promenade or the Neptune down below on the beach level. There is also the Notte Bleu and Miami plage but they are much more expensive. So thats about a 10-15 minute walk from the tennis.

Sorry no image available
Posted by citic-213768 - 6 years ago

Thanks for your answers I am going to the rolex masters tennis next friday and want to have lunch after so somewhere closish would be good.

Sorry no image available
Posted by GreenLeaf-314739 - 6 years ago

There is probably a McDonalds at Carrefour.

Sorry no image available
Posted by atr-246415 - 6 years ago

I always think La Saliere in Fontvieille is great - good food and not too expensive (depending on what you eat). Also, the more often you go there, the cheaper it seems to get as I'm sure they do a "local's" price, judging by some of the bills we've had!

Depends on when you want to eat, but a lot of the restaurants to a great lunch menu option, around 18 euros for a starter, main and coffee/wine - sure the menu is restricted but usually still good. Saliere, Avenue 31 & Beef Bar all do these type of menus (same group) as does Maya Bay, The Grill...steer clear of Beef Bar otherwise though, its super expensive a la carte.

I really like Cosmopolitan too (under the voie rapide next to the Irish bar) - they do a relatively wide-ranging (and international menu), friendly service, and also have a lunch special for the more economic option...and I love the crispy duck pancakes!

Bon app :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crossfamily-289915 - 6 years ago

I have eaten at Miramar a couple of times for lunch, great also if it is sunny and has great views. I found the prices for lunch very reasonable. I have not eaten dinner there so not sure if prices are the same and advisable to make a reservation.

Here is a link:

http://miramar.restaurants-montecarlo.com/

Hope this helps.