DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Where to find a proper/full english breakfast

Posted by james.c - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pinman - 5 years ago

Thank you shearya for your post about Au Velo Fleuri in Regusse, near Aups, on the edge of the Verdon National Park.  We went for breakfast and stayed on for two days at this delightful "restaurant-with-rooms (3) withing easy distance for driving to Lac St. Croix and the Gorge de Verdon.  After two excellent breakfasts and two superb dinners, we reluctantly returned to our home near Grasse in only 90 minutes.

Christian and Elaine Jego deserve every success since opening in March and their details can be found on www.auvelofleuri.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by coramary - 5 years ago

Okay,

It's readily available in Antibes, which as you say , is too far for you, but Cannes is not so far, and Ma Nolans , the Irish Pub, do a proper full on " Irish Breakfast" as well as sausages and mash, and fish and chips , and the like!! that being said, if you went the extra half hr on the train to Geoffreys of Antibes, you can get everything you need , as in PROPER English sausages , black pudding, bacon, beans......

Sorry no image available
Posted by appletrees-321263 - 5 years ago

Try to convince your local cafes the virtue of an English fry up and to import a bit of good bacon ( from Holland?) too!. Sure the locals would love it. Then again they won't want to turn into a Costa!

Sorry no image available
Posted by shearya-250938 - 5 years ago

Au Velo Fleuri (a bit far away in the Var) serves an excellent full breakfast every weekend. For around 12eu you get farm eggs, artisan bacon, homemade sausage, fresh fruit, etc, etc. Plus they make the best Bloody Mary I've had in the region! Bon apetite, AS

Sorry no image available
Posted by james.c - 5 years ago

Agree, making my own is an option, something I've done many times and will continue to.

But, with the number of expats here who appreciate a proper breakfast it's surprising there's nothing much! Croissants are easy enough to find in the UK and even NZ... but a breakfast... elusive here!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by citic-213768 - 5 years ago

i would make my own with Bio sausage from carefourr and bio eggs , heinz beans some tomatoes mm 

or go to the hotels in monaco for all you can eat breakfast cost 40 /50 euros