DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Adobe Photoshop 6.0

Posted by LindaB-183836 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bunny-189601 - 14 years ago

Linda it sounds like your Photoshop preferences file has corrupted itself. Back up the file and delete it from that directory, restarting Photoshop should rebuild this file. If this makes things worse then replace with the backed up file - no further damage done.

it would also be a good idea to check the state of your scratch disks.

If that doesn't work email me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LindaB-183836 - 14 years ago

danonimes,  thanks for your response - you're right, the screen isn't what i expect, and it is different to what it was last week. i did take my laptop in to have a couple of things done (while i watched) and that part of it was untouched.  the screen isn't showing me any fields i need to work with to change the size of the pic etc.  i'd love it if i could speak to you re this on the phone.  i won't be available until later this afternoon, is it possible you'd be available then? 

could you email me your ph number on linda@barron.nl  (although i am in Nice!)  thanks for your help

lcb

Sorry no image available
Posted by danonimes-184717 - 14 years ago

LindaB, you describe what you get, which doesn't sound like too much of a problem, except that it isn't what you expect. I can bring up the menus you are seeing through the ?Window? menu item - I hesitate cos my version is French and says Fenetre - and select Historique and Calques, the tool menu (with the eye at the top) I can place anywhere on the page, or up on the toolbar itself.Can you describe what you were expecting to get?PlusHas anything changed or been changed recently on your machine?Have you tried switching the machine off and back on?What operating system are you using?Do you have a menu along the top of the window?If so, what happens when you do File, New ?If not, what happens when you do CTRL+N?If it's easier to talk it through, I'll email you my number and you can give me a call.