DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

ADSL at Roquefort les Pins (06 330)

Posted by superlv - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hello,

I try to have Free adsl 512kbs at Roquefort-les-pins.

When I test my phone on the France Telecom web site, it's OK ... but when I write the forms there is a problem :

Il apparaît que votre ligne téléphonique ne se trouve pas dans la zone de couverture de notre offre ADSL. Il se peut que votre ligne soit une ligne Numeris ou qu'elle comporte un équipement actif incompatible avec l'ADSL. "

.. I have a line analogique and not problem on !!! ...

If you have idea can you help me ..

Thank you very much...

Laurent

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sheila bardon - 14 years ago

Well we have had ADSL in Roquefort with free.fr for six months or more with no problems as do several of our friends. However friends in Valbonne had a similar problem to you & it was eventually discovered that their house alarm (which used the same line to alert the security company) interfered with the system thus confusing the modem! which is I suspect the "equipement actif incompatible" that free.fr are on about.Worth checking out. sheila

Sorry no image available
Posted by ian81-188951 - 14 years ago

1. 'Free' in this context doesnt mean gratuit or without cost rather refers to www.free.fr

2.Is your line a normal analogue line? Are you trying to sign up to a free offer that is not available unless in a 'zone dégroupée'? You could try the sign up process at another isp such as Tiscali and see what result you get (.and abort before entering payment details!!)

Sorry no image available
Posted by glubsch - 14 years ago

Laurent, I can't help you, but the term "free" cought my interest. How do you manage to get free ADSL in Roquefort les Pins???