DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Advice Needed about taking the leap over the channel

Posted by GarethDuToit - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

I would wait till the next general election.

Would be sad for you to move, then be kicked out due to your fellow islanders voting to leave the eu.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ba&Ke - 5 years ago

I definitely agree. The job market is not good here and the French will tend to employ the French.I definitely wouldn't risk it with a family. As the previous posts suggest, check things out and try to get yourself into a more stable situation here before moving down for good.

Sorry no image available
Posted by GAnthony - 5 years ago

I agree with JJ.  Perhaps it is better to start looking for a job in France, also start language training right away.   Secure a job first, then move over by yourself for a few months, to make sure the job is secure, and to look around for a suitable accommodation.   Familiarise yourself with the French system.  Then bring the family over.    Good luck.    

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJ-183649 - 5 years ago

Language immersion works, so I don't see that as a problem. However, the job market is bad in both countries, but certainly more vibrant and 'open' in the UK than France, so here I would certainly raise this as a key issue. Moving to France with no job but with a family is something I would not consider.

Steve