DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Advice needed re: setting up SARL

Posted by Cannesofworms - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ines-180977 - 13 years ago

Hi there,

I had founded a sarl last year and beside high costs for founding the company (the accountant and loads of registrations fees) and paying loads of taxes, social charges, ongoing fees for the accountant etc. this decision hasn't brought me anything.

But it always depends on your kind of business. So, it is impossible to say that a SARL or EURL if you are alone is a good or a bad solution.

If you want to talk to more like-minded people who have gone through the up and down of founding a company here in France come to the next event of the British Chamber of Commerce. We are an association of expats and French people who have founded their own company over here.

Our next event is on 22 July at 19:00 in the Antibes Squash Club. We will have there our famous Summer BBQ with a networking raffle and loads of great prizes to win. So, if you are interested just send a mail to info@bccriviera.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aroncb - 13 years ago

Accountants are like any other proffession.  Get reccomendations on which one to use.  I hear about very good ones around here, as well as very bad. 

Check this out.... should point you in the right direction.

http://www.apce.com/index.php

Look before you leap on this one. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 13 years ago

The Carte de Sejour was abolished for EU nationals last October, The Carte de commercant was some sort of interim measure for people who had applied for a Carte de Sejour but hadnt yet received it.Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cannesofworms - 13 years ago

Hi there,

I am English. I have read in various places about not needing a CdSejour but this accountant said that I would need one of the Cartes mentioned to set up the SARL. Maybe he is mistaken, lets hope so!!!

Any more advice about setting a company up here?

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 13 years ago

Which nationality are you?  Neither of these 'cartes' are needed for EU nationals.Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by Myop - 13 years ago

If you're an EU national you shouldn't need a Carte de Resident....