DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

advice on swimming pool fencing

Posted by javin-192587 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

does anyone know where i can get regulated pool fencing? I put an order in with a supplier but have been waiting 6 weeks now. Is it the same everywhere? 

Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by javin-192587 - 14 years ago

HI Raksha,

The material needs to be regulated. I don't know whether iron or other materials are regulated so we have opted for the safest option of meshed fencing which you can see on www.saferpools.co.uk . its the cheapest and can be easily removed or changed later. You should be looking at approx 50 euros per metre. the problem we have is that there is none of this fencing to be found anywhere and the deadline is fast approaching.

I will let you know if I have a breakthrough.

good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Raksha - 14 years ago

Hi javin,

I have the same dilemma, I have not ordered the fencing yet though, as I am still trying to find a reasonable source. Does the fencing need to be approved/regulated? The cheapest I found was in Roy Merlin, which was 185 euros for 2 metres, but the gate costs about 450 euros - as we need 60 linear metres, it is not reasonable.  Could you tell me where you have ordered your fencing and whether it is in iron, or wood or any other material?  In the meantime if I find someone reliable I will let you know.

Raksha