DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Advice Please

Posted by David E - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by RJH-187583 - 13 years ago

A pal of mine had his car worked over in his 'secure' parking last week.

The word is that some (scooter) punks covered the electronic eye at the entrance and waited for the driver to go upstairs.  The eye guy waited still, keeping the door up while his droogies busied themselves with the motor.

Sorry no image available
Posted by David E - 13 years ago

The parking area is a secure one, which only a limited number of people can access. If it had been left parked on the street I would have accepted it. But seeing only a few people can access the area makes it worse.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Also claiming from my insurance is not an option, being quite young my premiums are high enough, let alone losing out on the no claims bonus that I have built up.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Just a thought in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />UK there is an uninsured driver’s fund where by if your vehicle is damaged in an accident and the driver is not insured, you can claim through this. Does this exist in France?

Sorry no image available
Posted by RJH-187583 - 13 years ago

...assuming David has fully comprehensive cover and is prepared to lose his "no claims" bonus.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ruby-197471 - 13 years ago

I agree with Katherine....it is unlikely the culprit will put his hands up and you might have just been unlucky with youths in the neighbourhood...better to not give yourself extra stress or risk alientating neighbours who might take umbrage

Go to poilce and fillout a proces verbal and they will give you the form to give to your insurance company

Ruby

Sorry no image available
Posted by Katherine-186137 - 13 years ago

Hi David,

Sorry to hear about your incident.  My advice would be to just claim on insurance and don't work yourself up about it.  If they did not put a note they are highy unlikely to own up and you will just waste worry time on it.  Report it to the police and claim it back.

K