DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

airline delays

Posted by gina-185295 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 20)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 15 years ago

Thanks Bluesky - you were able to say in a few lines what I rambled on for a page or so to say!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bluesky-189167 - 15 years ago

I fly around 50 times a year with Easyjet to both the UK and Geneva and I have to say that they are as good as anyone! Their policy on late check-in, Missing flights, changing bookings on-line are second to none. They have their problems but on the whole have made living here so much easier. Gatwick is a great connection to Central London and Luton and Stanstead are both good for other parts of the UK. I say give Easyjet a break and perhaps get the other services at Nice to remain open until the last flights have landed. After all if it were not for them we would all be paying hundreds of pounds and having to stay Saturday nights.

Sorry no image available

I think their limit is 25kgs, and I don't think the xbag rate on PAR NCE is as high as EUR6/kg.  You'll find it all on the website.

However, they are strict.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sco - 15 years ago

Is easyjet brutal about the 5 kg max weight on hand-luggage??  Damn.

I'm flying into Paris via Luftansa on Friday, then Easyjet to Nice.  But I might very well have a fair bit of luggage weight (enough to 8months ;).  The weight of my luggage coming into Paris is no probs.... but if Easyjet is a stickler, I might be faced with 6 Euros/kg for anything after their 20kg limit.  Any suggestions?!!?  (help pls!)  -scott

Sorry no image available
Posted by pepe-189761 - 15 years ago

I always fly EasyJet, ever since they started up. I used to pay BA £200-£250 return, Nice to Edinburgh. Several times I was bumped off flights and one one memorable occasion was offered, from Heathrow, a flight to Newcasle with a bus to Edinburgh [presumably due to the traditional overbooking indulged in by the major carriers]

I have never had any problems with Easyjet once I learned about their fetish about the weight of handluggage.

And for those who think any airport than Heathrow is unacceptable I can tell you that the short stroll between incoming luggage and re-check in for the Edinburgh leg is wonderful compared to the mile long trudges at Heathrow.

And that's before we get onto the endemic fog at Heathrow, and the 30 minutes circling to get a landing slot in the fog while trying not to think of the trainee controller that's in charge of your flight.

I could go on but I won't

Sorry no image available
Posted by angel-187474 - 15 years ago

hmmmm, sarab ... an entrepeneur I see! 

Sorry no image available

MSM

I didn't 'have a go' at you - I just said your comparison wasn't fair.  Getting to Luton isn't necessarily more expensive than getting to Heathrow, or vice versa.  It depends how you do it! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by sarab-182150 - 15 years ago

angel, there must be a market here - call a friend against savings from using E-Jet!

No delay, no call, sensational price.  Delay, call, split saving (percentage to friend dependent upon length of delay...)

Even against the BMI cheapies at EUR 90-100 (inc tax) there is still a pretty good split percentage for the friend!

Sorry no image available
Posted by angel-187474 - 15 years ago

sarab ... Scenario:  If I was your friend (and could drive here ..), and you were really stuck at some ungodly morning hour for a lift ... especially if it was to save you 330 big ones ... I wouldn't have the slightest hesitation or grumble about helping out my friend...

You're right ... the fares on EJ at the moment are INTOXICATING!

Best wishes for a safe and enjoyable trip.   xxx A.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 15 years ago

Before you have a go at others for contradicting themselves, perhaps you ought to look at yourself.

You had a go at me for saying it is cheaper to get to Heathrow than Luton, however you simply lay down the facts for me by stating the prices, although the Heathrow Express is £13. In addition, before you have a go about the Picadilly line in London, consider being in traffic on the M1 going to Luton on a coach and we have all been in that traffic which sits by the exit for Luton Airport on the M1...you know, the traffic which forms for no apparent reason!