DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Airport Transfer Service/EasyJet

Posted by DianeD-183724 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mheredge - 14 years ago

I used this service to get me from the airport to central Nice last Friday.  It was excellent and very cheap (less than 7€).  You need to book at least 24 hours in advance. I'm told that its being promoted in a number of places and that there's a link from Easyjet's site to make your reservation (you don't need to be flying with Easyjet).

I understand ATS is well-establish elsewhere in France but just new to Nice.  I wish them good fortune and will definitely be making good use of this 24 hour a day service.

Marianne

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 14 years ago

Just got the SMS with the confirmation of our pick-up time, it'll be 16:44 instead of 17:04, i.e. they do take the traffic into account :-)

Sorry no image available

I totally agree. At 5pm, especially on Fridays, everybody is leaving Sophia after work and traffic is pretty bad. I mentioned that in my reservation - I haven't had the confirmation of the pick-up time yet so I don't know if they will take that into account.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tkw - 14 years ago

All -> ATS managed a punctual pickup at 4am from Antibes last week..included an SMS confirmation the day before. Might not be more than you would expect but I'm ecstatic when something goes right down here the first time. kudos.

Jayne -> if you are close to nice central bus station just take the 98 bus for 3.50euro or the 99 bus from the train station. They work for all normal flight times. For late night and early morning...try the train or ATS.

TonyP -> 2 hours is a safe margin but not unreasonable, I've had some pretty long lines getting through the airport, although usually when travelling to outside the EU. Also 16min is fairly agressive from Biot to airport in friday 5pm traffic.

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

2 hours seems a long time to have to spend in Nice airport, anyone know how it works the other way?  The time between the plane landing and the pick-up leaving?Tony

Sorry no image available

I have booked them for this coming Friday from Biot to the airport. The fare from Biot is 43Euro/van which is well below the 55-60Euros we usually pay for a cab. Interesting thing is that we live right next to Sophia (Quartier Saint Philippe), from where the fare is higher.

When booking the transfer, one must enter the flight details. They calculate the transfer time from Biot to the airport being 16 mins. Our flight is at 7:20pm and the approximate pick-up time is 5:04pm, i.e. departure ./. 2 hrs ./. transfer time. Will get confirmation of pick up time these days.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

Jayne: just follow the link provided by "weezer" in the posting above yours...**************
Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jayne-190005 - 14 years ago

Can somebody give me some details about this service please.  Where does one have to go (or phone No) to use this service.  We need to get from the central bus station in Nice to the airport.

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by weezer - 14 years ago

This posting below clarifies questions on hours, destinations etc. Basically it's 24/7, door to door, English speaking and competitively priced on the scheduled routes. Seems fair to me...

See: http://riviera.angloinfo.com/forum/ccdetail.asp?ID=238

Sorry no image available

@MikeP/other solutions: If you are flying away for a longer period so that leaving your car at the airport is expensive, an alternative would be to rent a car for 1 day and return it at the airport. If you use Sixti, it is cheaper in any case.