DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

American/EU citizen moving to UK

Posted by Charlee-181196 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Charlee-181196 - 14 years ago

Looking at online papers is a good idea and one I hadn't thought of. Thanks very much, Kirsty.

Charlee

Sorry no image available
Posted by kirstya - 14 years ago

Hello,

My Husband and I currently live not far from Chester, Cheshire. We also have a house in the Limousin area (23) hence my association with this website!!

Your best bet for jobs and all other things like finding a place to live etc would be to look out for regional papers like the the Chester Chronical, Northwich Chronical, Winsford Chronical, Crewe Chronical etc. If you look at a map and find the bigger towns they usually have a Chronical!! I'm sure if you plug some names into www.google.co.uk then you will find some of these papers online.

Depending on what work you are looking for depends on which town you would be better in. For example if you want telesales, Chester is a good place as all the major banks and credit card companies have a base there. If you are looking for the Chemical Industry (my field) then Runcorn or Ellesmere Port have lots of chemical, pharmaceutical and petrolium sites. There are also huge industrial parks in Wrexham, North Wales which is not far away (20 mins from Chester) and Runcorn and Winsford and probably more places i do not know of.

Chester is a beautiful historic place to live in, but the house/rental prices reflect this and it can be very expensive to live in, as can alot of the suberb villages.

If you need any advice on area reputations etc don't hesitate to get in touch.

I Hope you find what you are looking for.

Kirsty Achterhuis (I'm married to a Dutch man!)