DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Angels over the Cote d'Azur

Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 13 years ago

Six months after having been helped by the angels, I have received a letter from the Tribunal de Grande Instance de Grasse advising me that the malfaiteur will be prosecuted on the 9th of December.

They offer me, as an aggrieved victim, the chance to become "partie civile" to the police action. They advise that I prepare a letter outlining my direct costs and a request for "dommages et interets". This sems to be a uniquely French way of getting your civil claim for damages to ride for free on the back of the criminal case. 

Has anyone ever done this?  Would you advise me to take the opportunity, or perhaps just leave it to take its course, having had a good break with the angels?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pervinca - 14 years ago

Thank you for telling us this heartening story, it made my day (tho' privately I wonder if it could happen where I live i n Nice). Maybe I'll make the move to Mandelieu.....

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Wonderful to hear such a heartening story, and congratulations on writing it so well and for sharing the experience.

Sorry no image available
Posted by marcandjen-180991 - 14 years ago

Nice piece of writing. Glad to hear all worked out -- your story goes a long way to restoring faith in the local version of "the system."