DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anglo-friendly plumber in Nice?!

Posted by Andrew.Wilk - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

Hi Lynnettejane !

I'll send you his details by e-mail but it is highly unlikely his enterprise would contemplate ' a small problem' and if called out he would charge for ' le deplacement ' and advise you to use a local plumber ( surely there must be one in Villefranche ? ) . This Company are currently redoing the plumbing systems in whole apartment blocks in Nice, and are also working for the Insurance Companies so I imagine their work load is pretty heavy at the moment !

Good luck anyway

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane - 14 years ago

Hello St G, i also could do with a plumber for a small problem, would he come to Villefranche? Would appreciate his phone no., could you email me with same, thankyou, regards Lynnette

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosetta-185721 - 14 years ago

That was quick - thanks, St. George!

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosetta-185721 - 14 years ago

hi St.George,

I need a plumber in Nice - could you email me or post the phone number of your Mr. Cohen?

thanks!

Rosetta

Sorry no image available

You see - it was easy really - apart from the inconvenience ! Unfortunately I have a similar problem ( the braze seams on the old lead pipes eventually suffer from electrolytic action and start leaking ) and in this particular case it's been aggravated by minor earth tremors causing subsidence and matey down below who knocked down part of a supporting wall some years ago without asking !

Good luck with the mason and wait till he tells you that the tiles to be replaced no longer exist/made in that size and you'll have to have the whole lot redone !

Support our friendly French artisan I say, and lay in coffee, Scotch and Pastis with a gusto - he'll be back on the weekends when you're down , just when you need him the most - you wait and see if I'm not right !!

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andrew.Wilk - 14 years ago

Sound advice as always, St George - the Syndic selected the plumber who knocked down half our bathroom wall in search of a water leak from a communal water pipe entombed six inches behind our wall. They have also chosen the mason who will be coming in to repair the damage done by the plumber. And I have signed all my French neighbours "degats d'eau" claims so the Buildings Insurance can sort out the payments.

Ah the joys of communal living....in France!

Sorry no image available

Normally the Syndic will advise a plumber - but this may be more complex than you describe. If it is rented accommodation the landlord is responsible - if you own within co-proprietaire , in a residence or immeuble , your Insurance should cover any intervention and they will send an expert to constat whatever the damage is ( if serious enough to warrant ), once you've sent a constat de degats d'eau or informed your Insurance about the problem .

I can only advise if you send me more info.( who is the Syndic ?) I have an excellent French plumber ( Mr.Cohen )who speaks perfect English who could well intervene but it would have to be on a completely official basis - I'm curious as to why you need an english speaking plumber anyway - a broken pipe or a leak is the same here as it is in China and it's not the London call out cost of £95 either !

stgeorge